Gannon Tagher, Ed.D, RN, APRN, Interim Department Chair
Teresa Huber, DNP, MSN, BSN, RN, Graduate Program Director
Nurse practitioner advancement options are offered to provide opportunities for nurse practitioners to gain an additional specialty focus such as Adult to Family Nurse Practitioner or Women’s Health to Adult Gero Nurse Practitioner.
NP Advancement Admission Requirements
In order to be considered for admission to the NP Advancement Program the university requires all applicants to fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit a complete application for graduate admission.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Please note that the transcripts sent should reflect all previous conferred degrees (BSN, MSN, previous NP) and any additional courses that you plan to transfer.
- Master of Science in Nursing degree from an ACEN, CCNE or CNEA accredited program of nursing.
- Preferred applicants should have a Master of Science in Nursing program GPA of at least a 3.0.
- A copy of your unencumbered nursing license and National NP certification. Proof of licensure should include expiration date.
- Proof of 1000 hours clinical experience over the previous year and satisfactory performance evaluations. Download the Employment Verification from on the Office of Graduate Education website, https://www.nku.edu/admissions/graduate/admission-process/additional-forms.html.
- Family NP to Adult Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and Adult NP to Adult Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner concentration applicants must have 1 year experience in critical care. Download the Critical Care Verification Form on the Office of Graduate Education website, http://www.nku.edu/admissions/graduate/admission-process/additional-forms.html.