Roland Coloma, Department Chair
Steve Crites, Ph.D., Graduate Program Director
The Rank I Teaching program is designed as the next logical step for a teacher to obtain a Rank change following the completion of a Rank II.
Teacher Education Graduate Office - MEP 263C
firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-572-1567
Individuals applying must meet all requirements for admission to graduate study at Northern Kentucky University as defined by the Graduate Catalog at the time of application in addition to the following criteria.
To be eligible for admission applicants must have:
- A master’s degree from regionally accredited institution of higher education, with a total cumulative graduate grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A Kentucky Rank II teaching certificate or out-of-state equivalent.
For full application details please visit the College of Education and Human Services Graduate Programs website.
- Submit an online application to the Office of Graduate Education.
- Submit official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate coursework sent directly from all institutions of higher education previously attended.
- Submit a copy of Kentucky teaching certificate or out-of-state equivalent at Rank II.
- Submit three recommendation forms with attached letters of recommendation. Letters may be typed directly into the recommendation form. If separate letters of recommendation are attached, they must be written on official letterhead and have the signature of the individual providing the recommendation.
- Submit a typewritten Statement of Professional Goals, approximately 300-400 words in length. The Statement of Professional Goals should state the applicant’s reasons for pursuing the Rank I program and the specialization and/or endorsement desired. It should also state the applicant’s goals for professional growth and explain specifically how the chosen degree program/endorsement area will make it possible for the applicant to achieve these goals and improve her/his knowledge and skills as a teacher. The Statement of Professional Goals will be evaluated for completeness, quality of written expression, and clarity of professional goals.
♦ Indicates prerequisite.